If you want to do web design or development, then you must use a code editor. Code editor is where you write HTML or CSS code. Many people who work or think about web design or development are faced with the question of which code editor to work with, which will be the best, whether they are free or to buy. So today I wrote about 10 free code editors for your web design that you can download and use for free from online.
10 free code editors for Web Design
There are many free editors available online such as Notepad ++, SublimeText or Atom. You can download any one of your choice. Not only these, there are many more editors available for free and very easy to use. See below for the best 10 free code editors.
- Syntax highlighting
- Multi document
- Multi view
- Zoom in, zoom out
- Short codes
Sublime Text is a cross-platform code editor. Because it works on all operating systems including Windows, Mac and Linux. It has all the features you would expect from a powerful editor. This free code editor is nice to look at and has many advanced features that help you write less code.
Available for – Windows & Linux.
- Goto Anything: Goto Anything can be used to jump from one line to another, from one word to another, or from one symbol to another at any time.
- Multiple Selection: You want to make many changes, you can do it together through this option. This editor gives you the opportunity to change many lines at once.
- Cross Platform: This editor works on all operating systems Windows, Mac or Linux. Can be used through any medium using only one license.
Atom is also a free open source and cross-platform editor that can be used on any operating system. The advantage of Atom is that you can install its theme. There are many more features that make this free code editor now at the top of the list of developers’ favorites.
- Cross Platform: This editor works on Mac, Windows and Linux, all operating systems. All you need to do is get a license to use it.
- File system browser: Projects can be easily opened in a browser, whether it is a single page, full project or many projects can be opened in the same window at once.
Microsoft has created Visual Studio Code to work on all Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems. It is also a free and open source editor although some licenses are required to use it.
Available for – Windows, Linux and Mac.
- IntelliSense code completion and debugging
- Syntax highlighting
Bracket is also an open source editor. With this, web design can be done easily from PSD files. It also works easily on all operating systems, including cross-platform editors, Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Inline Editors
- Live Preview
- Preprocessor Support
Komodo Edit is available in 2 versions. Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit. Komodo Edit is available in open source and free. It has many nice features for working with HTML and CSS.
- Multi-Language Editor
- Auto-Complete & Calltips
- Multiple Selections
- Projects & Places Manager
- Skins & Icon Sets
- Track Changes
- Automatic Error Reporting
- Git Flow
- UI Monitoring
Light Table is a free and open source editor like no other. Light Table is a favorite editor of many for its beautiful interface and powerful functions.
- Watches: Next-gen printlane to keep track of important values in your code. Simply add a clock to an expression and the value will flow back to LT in real time.
- Inline evaluation: Your results will no longer be printed on the console for viewing. Just evaluate your code and the results will be displayed inline.
- Powerful Editing: Lightweight Table is a lightweight, clean and smooth interface that you expect from your editor with all the power and functionality you need.
- Integrated Debugger
- Built-in Terminal
- Git Integration
TextMate free Code Editor works on Mac operating system. TextMateis an ideal editor for those who use a Mac. This editor is also available online for free.
- Multiple Carets
- Scoped Settings
Code editor is one of the most important thing for a web designer or developer. A good editor highlights the work of a designer. Apart from these 10 free code editors given above, many editors are also available online. However, these code editors are being used more. These 10 free code editors for web design or development are much more popular with web developers.